Group discussion on marketing challenges and solutions
Patrick Zuluaga - Sunday, April 17, 2011
At a recent small networking business group (SBNG) breakfast meeting, we discussed the challenges in marketing and what were their successful experiences in reach out to their target markets. Here is the list complied from the meeting:
- Face to Face meetings (Personal Networking & Selling)
- Understanding exactly who is your target market/customer (targeting potential customers)
- Using a system to generate a prospecting funnel and manage the conversion process
- Testing marketing first before bulk roll-out of the campaign
- Having the right attitude toward communications with your prospective customers - helping instead of selling
- Target your own customer database using RFM segmentation (define)
- Market & sell your benefits not features (how) or use an Objectives-Benefits-Features (define) chart
- Use marketing mediums that your customers use not what you are comfortable with.
What did you think? What is your own experiences with successful marketing?