What makes direct mail campaigns successful?
- Addresses a specific group of people or targeted audience
- Uses creative to cut-thru the clatter of the mail box
- Offers a personalised message that communicates a compelling benefit
- Creates a sense of urgency and excitement with the mail piece
- Provides a your clear and visible ‘call to action’
Using this structure approach will achieve superior response rates from direct mail campaigns.
How can we use integrated multimedia to dramatically improve the results from direct mail campaigns? Consider the following factors:
- Personalise all communications with the recipient across the different media
- Using several multimedia channels in the promotional campaign
- Letter, postcard or mailing piece
- Mobile phones and other smart mobile devices
- Web landing pages with personalised URL (PURL – define)
- Email marketing and auto-responders
- Using a QR image (QR Code define) image to support the ‘call to action’
Essentially, an integrated multimedia direct mail campaign allows a one to one personalised engagement with the recipient. It has the ability for the recipient to immediately accept the offer or secure additional information with readily available technology such as their mobile phone or access to the Internet.
What is your own experience with integrated multimedia direct mail campaigns? Let's hear from you.