You most likely will have heard this before “businesses that fails to plan, plans to fail”.
It is a simple truth – you need to know where you are going to get there!
Small business owners must recognise that marketing planning is essential to achieving their company’s full potential for success. I am not talking about a huge document that sits in the desk drawer never to be taken out again once it has been prepared.
In small business, you need a practical and concise document that you can refer to regularly. It should not be more than two to three pages long because you need to post it in front of your work space where you can see it and refer to it frequently.
How can you put together such a marketing plan?
Here’s how to build your small business marketing plan:
- Define and list your top three marketing objectives
- Formulate your marketing strategies for your target markets
- Identify the marketing programs needed to implement your strategies
- Outline how you will track and measure your marketing results
- Create a marketing calendar
The question is - as a small business owner what support would you need to be able to prepare such a plan? or from your experience as a small business owner can you do it yourself? or perhaps you feel you can do without a plan?
What do you think? Let us know your views and comments!